With respect to George Floyd, his family, and the demonstrations, we’re cancelling some of the pre-conference events that were scheduled for this week.
Black Lives Matter.
In light of the times, this aligns with our values. This is who we are.
“BotanicWise strives to create space for land and plant stewardship, with an inner mission to cultivate alliances between plants and people, and between people and people.“
We can’t ignore what is happening right now and do business as usual.
Now is the time to speak up for justice, speak out against racism, stand behind folks who are suffering and have suffered for generations, and to listen to the black and brown voices that are resounding across this country.
Today, we want to share a link to https://www.joincampaignzero.org
At Campaign Zero you can:
- Find Your Representatives, See where they stand, demand action
- Donate to support analysis of policing practices, identifying solutions to end police violence, and provide assistance to organizers leading police accountability campaigns
- Track Progress of Legislation on Federal, State, and local levels addressing police violence
Scrolling through their website you will find a rich resource of materials to understand the solutions directly from the communities most impacted by police violence.
“We can live in a world where the police don’t kill people by limiting police interventions, improving community interactions, and ensuring accountability.” ~ Joincampaignzero.org
The reason we are hosting the Allies for Plants & People virtual conference is to create a learning community where everyone feels included and welcome.
While classes focus on specific topics like adaptogens, immunity, or plant ID, the underlying theme of the conference is what do we do next?
As people on a path of healing, we will rise to meet the historical moment calling for an end to racism and police brutality.
Here are some of the ways the Allies for Plants and People Symposium will support this critical work over the weekend and beyond in the BotanicWise community.
- Full scholarships available by application
- 50% off solidarity price for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color). Add coupon “Solidarity” at registration
- Attendee led sessions where you can add a workshop or discussion to the schedule (including the weeks after the event)
- An extended week of access to recordings so you don’t feel rushed to attend as many live sessions into the weekend
- Pre-conference events to introduce you to people and build community
Charis Lindrooth, D.C.
Join us for a special weekend honoring the age-old wisdom of plant medicine featuring Rosemary Gladstar, Guido Masé, David Winston, Tammi Sweet, and more!
Going live in…
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Get Your Tickets Today!