Hawthorn Berry and Black Currant Jam
Guido Masé shared this recipe in the BotanicWise course, Natural Cardio Care: An Herbalist’s Perspective. Click here to learn more.
2 quarts of Hawthorn berries
1 quart Black Currants (*Black Currants are high in pectin and make a great addition to thicken any jam or jelly)
1 cup honey (or to taste)
Water to cover
- Place berries in a pot
- Cover with water (2 inches above the berries)
- Add honey
- Simmer until the mixture thickens (most of the liquid will be evaporated, and the jam will thicken quickly when on a spoon that has been removed from the heat)
- Run the mixture through a food mill to remove seeds and stems
- Place back in the pot add a quart of water and simmer again until the mixture is quite thick
- To can:
- Simmer canning jar lids
- Place mixture in clean canning jars
- Place lids on top
- Place jars in a canning kettle, and cover them with water (2 inches above the jar)
- Bring to a boil and boil for the appropriate time frame for the jar size: ½ pint 10 minutes, pints 15 minutes, quarts 20 minutes
- Would you like to be able to understand the cardiovascular system and how it functions from an herbalist’s perspective?
Support your own health or the health of someone you love?
Click here to join Natural Cardio Care: An Herbalist’s Perspective with Guido Masé, or visit our website at BotanicWise.com/NCC
Together let’s change the way cardiovascular health is talked about, practiced, and lived 🙂